Friday, April 13, 2007

Automotive woes, part the second

Okay, so now I have guilt. I felt a little stupid putting in that plea for comments, much for the same reasons that everyone so rightly threw it back in my face: Write it and they will come. Returning to a site that doesn't update is boring. So, my apologies- BUT! It worked. I didn't have to analyze the logs to figure out who was hanging around. So my plan worked, even if it was pretty stupid.

Alright now- on to the second story. And since you all have been so good to me, I shall deliver it in rhyming verse.

Once upon an interstate
Once upon a time there was a boy named Zed
Who was given a truck not at all very red
This truck came to him as if heaven-sent manna
But was oddly colored as if a banana

One morn our hero rushed off like a riot
His engine roar breaking the still morning quiet
He had to get to a parking lot and get there fast
To pick up his friend, so he wailed on the gas

His friend would be waiting for Zed to come
To help work for Zed's client and not be a bum
And help Zed he would, but not quit on time
And not even as planned on Zed's Gasoline dime!

This fateful morning on interstate 93
The one thing all drivers hate happened, you see
"What could that be?" you beg as you ask
Well tell you I will, for that is my task-
To tell you the tale of what happened so fast
When poor boy Zed pressed down on the gas.

The truck shuddered and sputtered,
It whined and it cried
And some swear it muttered
"I wish Zed had already died"

Long story short, Zed pulled over his truck
Tried to start it again, but no luck- it was stuck
He called and got help from Anders mother so Kind
He called the client, and they did not even mind!
Zed had the truck towed to a lot then went on with his day
To later drop in on the shop, to talk and to pay

"So there he is" the mechanic said in a jest
"Do you think its the tranny?" Zed asked, not suspecting the best
"I think its something simple, not something big for the most...
I don't think its serious. I don't think that its toast."
When this beam of light landed on zed, he had a new hope
That he would not have to drop 2 grand for a used truck like a dope.
At any event they were just starting to close for the day,
So Zed's was told to call him tomorrow and they'd figure the pay

The next morning Zed dialed the number and waited with out-held hope
Only to hear the mechanic laugh out what happend-

"You ran out of fuel, you dope!

-_----_-_-

True story.* In my defense, I was calculating my fuel consumption off the tripometer (the fuel gauge broke some months ago). By my calculations, I had 30 to 40 miles left. Thats why the thought of running out of gas hadn't even crossed my mind. I did run it in 4 wheel drive a bit during one of the snow storms, but I didn't think that would throw off my calcs that far.

I think its because my fuel tanks leaks fuel when you fill it up all the way. Yup- I started paying more attention and found out it drips gas if you fill it all the way. So I've started refueling it in smaller doses and more often...so far, it seems to be working.

But just in case, I now always carry about 3 gallons of gas with me in the truck. Never again I say!

------------
*Sort of. The events are mostly true, but not quite verbatim. For example, Zed's mechanic does not actually call customers "dopes", and cool as he is, he does not talk in rhyme.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didn't so much read your poem. lo siento.

gracias for el complimento on el foto. si, gwyn is cute. hehe.

ummm, pickles are so gross, dude. seriously. cucumbers are crisp, cool, and refreshing. DELICIOUS!

Aielunknown said...

First off...I agree with Gwyn. Cukes are amazing, AND delicious. And as for your woes...man, get a Jeep. :-P Maybe YOU could find on ethat isn't smelly, junky and anti-Zed and Randy. :-D :-P

Super Kiaya said...

I still say you need to write the ballad of Zed Fable. Or, *ahem* make it as such into a series of epic poems, like the Odyssey, only... the Zed..dessy. Thing. Yeah.

Huzzah for blogging! :D

Anonymous said...

dude...1) i skimmed enough to know that it was a story you'd already told me and 2) i have now read it. and there were some quite funny/clever bits.

3) i'm sorry i beat the tar out of you. i can't help it. i am inhumanly strong.

(4)-pickles are no more vegetables than...sour apple suckers are fruit.)

Anonymous said...

O_o

wow.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could communicate effectively with lines and circles, too.

oOo___000OOo_______oooOOOO

It just doesn't work for me...

Not sure about this pickles-cuke debate, but I'll throw my two pennies in anyway: I like cucumbers very much, but I wouldn't want to live in a world without pickles.

When you write things like that poem, I'm left wondering why you aren't writing more. I know you want to be a millionaire scrap dude, but to neglect a gift just can't be right.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I am still waiting for you to finish that play.

Jim said...

Did you ever look into what is involved with replacing your gas gauge? Perhaps with a cooler one that involves l337 green digital readouts and "digital girl" voice warnings?

Anonymous said...

digital girl voice warnings...

DO IT!

Unknown said...

this post reminds me very much of a certain conversation you had with me.. did you copy it in, and then make it better?

lolz kiaya... the zeddessy... =D

digital girl? why would you want that? go for a real girl... like get abi to record her voice for you!!!! Then she can say she worked in a voice recording studio on her resume!!!! Yay!!!!

TallThumbelina said...

As the inspector general says, "I like it, I like it!" and....call the car-talk guys. Do it like Buster. "Okay, get me two glasses of lemonade, some straws, a phone and a radio and meet me in five minutes!" or something.

Super Kiaya said...

You know...

Someday, you'll update again.
And in the hills, the tiny furry animals will rise up in joy at such an update: and the wells will spring up with lemon-lime soda, and people will sing in joy and Kiaya will dance around waving her hands wildly in thanks because she knew that one day Zekiel would update (like his heart properly calls him to do.) and it would be glorious. Just like she said it would be.
Someday.
Someday that will happen.
I'm sure of it.

Unknown said...

*sigh* someday, zekicus, you will take it upon yourself to have pity for us poor subjects of yours, and you will update... It will be a glorious day and all the people will rejoice, but for now we must sit and wait. *sigh*