Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Of strange donuts

I am not going to go into huge detail about the story of this post because it has allready been blogged elsewhere better then I ever could have (or because I am a lazy butt).

First, click the link above to hear the tail of the now infamous HRMHS (Horse-raddish mustard hot sauce) bostom creme donut. Its the first half of the post. Then, come back and see the pictures here.


Here is the donut being moddeled by the ever photgenic JackLu. Nice smile, Jack.


Now we have the intial reactions. I will confess that I am severely dissapointed with the control that my victim was able to demonstrate under such sensatorial assault- it was good form for her, but bad luck for me:
She saw it coming to many seconds in advance. It allowed her to give me a poker face before washing down the OJ to clear her sinuses, and thus, this picture is lackluster. Way to be K, way to be. You've ruined my blog. Just kidding.

Here is a picture of her moddeling the donut later. I think her face with in this picture actually depicts the sensation of HRMHS donut more accuratly then the first:


Next well- next was actually JackLu. He was even less fun then K- he just kept eating it and asked me in an incredulous tone "What? Like you don't put mustard in all your donuts?".

But probably the best reaction that I was able to catch on camera was my friend, damarque. Basically, I verbally bullied him into it, saying if he could take Basic Training he should be able to take a Horse-raddish Hot Sauce Donut. He complied.

Damarque never actually swallowed it. He took a big bite, then sort of worked his way to the nearest trash recepticle and discarded the offending pastry from his mouth. Someone mentioned to me that this was a huge accomplishment. "You actually found something he won't eat. Dude," the source said on Tuesday, "this kid will eat chalk." This made me feel proud, in a strange nonsensical sort of way.

The last was B. She told us we woulnd't get a reaction out of her. You be the judge:
The prank... overall, it was good- but I am humbly realizing that I need more experience on the delivery. Perhaps staying up till 4 does something to ones reasoning or acting ability though...

You see, the night previous I stayed up till 4 in the morning working on an economics report (which is the pWnZ!!!11!! by the way). I was dead tired, but I was giddy enough not to let it stop me from what I was about to do: a sweet comeback was in the air and I could taste it. It was hot and tangy and kind of stung my eyes.

I retrieved the practice donut my picked up for me from its clever hiding place in the downstairs fridge and ran up to the kitchen with it. I whipped out a plate, some "Chilly Today, Hot Tamali" sauce and some bratworst horsraddish beer mustard. I gleefully found and prepped my tools and began pioneering the extraction methods. When I decided I had finally got enough of the goop out, I started filling the donut in with the speacial sauce. I then pasted the side with some of the extracted creme so that no casual observer would be any the wiser.

Now for the hard part: I had to taste it to make sure the boston creme that was still in the donut didn't neutralize the new sauce. I sort of hesitated for awhile. Then I took a bite out of the side that hadn't been to much affected. Finally, I took a bite from the damage zone. My mouth started screaming at me- I think it was swearing and saying something to the effect of "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?". I ran over to the sink and spit it out. I had milk on hand to wash out my mouth- I used it. After about three rinse cycles, I looked down on the half bitten bite and started laughing. I looked down on what I made, and behold, it was very bad. And on the 5th hour, I rested.

----
Yes, I know... promotion night is not mentioned up there. I think this post is long enough, and I am tired. To everyone, just in case I don't get around to making a farewell-everyone post: Dude, your all stinking awesome. I got mad love for all of you- Agape has made my year. I totally wish I met you all earlier, even though now with most of you it seems we've been friends our whole life. Remember when ? Such good times man! Can't wait till next year,

----Signature

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look, I can't express again my shock that you would link to me. At the same time... this gives more people the ability to read my stuff. EEKK!

lol
And, HEY! You can't charge use for the word Wanderlust if it's not yours. So there. But I bow down in AWE that you knew such a glorious word, and I did not. Thank you...

Umm... Yeah. I posted ONE of the two poems in response to your 'Wanderlust'. See, I kinda can't find the Trucker one... but I will!

So, on my site now, is 'Kiaya's Wanderlust'.
Ciao!

~Greendragonrider

Anonymous said...

HAHA!!! THAT ROCKS!!!

You pwn.

Anonymous said...

hi zeke. i didn't read this post...except that i saw something about the horseradish donut, which sounds really really gross. donuts don't sound gross, but i can't eat those anymore.
i called abi today, and you guys are invited anytime except sunday morning/wednesday night...we shall do many fun things including playing boggle to the glory of the father of lights at whose right hand we shall someday sit. amen.

Anonymous said...

ok, i have now read your post. your "labour of love"...i loved the "and on the fifth hour he rested" part...i LOVE me some bible/sunday school/christian kid humour. it takes a lot of sunday school to create an adept utiliser of aforementioned humorical systemology, but i think you're well on your way, my son. ok, you're not my son...that felt a little weirder to say that i would normally think it would, because clearly saying "my son" is just sort of a mister miyagi/kung fu sort of deal. ANYWAY. it's late. i shouldn't have napped earlier. i was real tired, and i sort of unintentionally fell mostly asleep on the couch. once i got up to go to bed, it was kind of too late for me to actually go to sleep. oh well. oh, and what's that? you don't care about this? hmmm, to be expected, i suppose.
also, that one time when you and abi were in that one play, pygmalian, that was awesome.

Anderz said...

Hmmm... the donut idea was ok... I agree with Becca... execution is key! You'll be at AGAPE next year, right? I commented more on the post preceding this one... I read that one first. I can't believe how many people are finishing so early in the year?! Gosh! I'm not!

hannah who would marry kevin max in the 90s said...

http://www.eleventysevenfans.com/toplist/in.php?id=hardcore

CLICK THAT LINK LIKE PLEEEEASE!!

Sandy said...

Hey, this is mom. I'm so proud of you guys. Please keep me up to date. dns.foreman@runbox.com

Love the blog, keep writing. Hey Zeke, your spelling is as good as Tim's but the writing is very good and interesting. What is Sarah's email? email her, so she can stay informed even if you can't talk to her. Also here is Aunt Ann's nail_elegance@yahoo.com Love to you both, and come home to us safe and sound. Tim, I went and filled out an application at Maximus Gym to work on Front Desk. Also I saw where Harbor Lights will be. If I work at the Front Desk at Maximus, I get to make shakes!?? See you soon. Remember we leave for camp on Monday.