Thursday, December 07, 2006

Pirate ducky and the amazing update

Hello everybody. Popular mob opinion (according to the Zogby Mob opinion survey) states that I should update. And so, since I love you guys (and my life) I shall.

Things have been fun and crazy at [AwesomeCo]. The program that I got hired to support is starting to come online, so I'm finally getting a taste for what I'll be doing. Since I'm getting in on this at the very beginning, it should be alot easier then the stuff I've had to learn so far. With this new program, I'm seeing the checklist being made and fixing stuff thats wrong with it. And I'm starting with just one client- its going to be sweet. I'm sort hitting my groove on the rest of the stuff I think, too.

Oh and I found out the other day that we had a crusher. I thought it was a dishwasher because I think its a Kenmore, or something that looks like a Kenmore. But while waiting for a bagel to toast one day, I took a closer look and found when I opened it up it was full of mostly soda cans and a few peices of carboard. And it was all crushed. Amazing.

I talked to one of the guys on nights here and asked him what we do with them.

"Nothing!" he said, chuckling. "Its like a big joke- we just through it out. People think that we're recycling but we aren't right now."

"Dude-!" I said, seizing the opertunity. "Can I take the crushed cans?"

He told me I could. "Sure! Were not doing anything with them!"

So yeah. Thats pretty cool- I guess I should be getting a small but steady stream of compressed UBC from now on. I'm stoked. Thats awesome!

This is a short update, I know. But I've been(am) busy.

Oh, one final thing. Alot of you have been asking for pictures of the cool mission control set up here at work. I shall do what I can- talked to my boss today and he says its fine.

Happy Ivory Coast National day (the most generic sounding of holidays ever!)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

an endless supply of crushed aluminum cans...talk about an early christmas present!

i so totally love that you ASKED your boss if you could put a photo of your workstation on the internet. that is...just great.

Super Kiaya said...

Duuuuuuude!! A new Zeke post! *the angry mob is pacified and thus, Zeke's life is saved.*

Glad all is well for you - a picture of the new station would be pretty sweet actually. I have to point out though, that your title reads 'Pirate Ducky...' as well. But you do not speak of either. This makey the Kiaya saaaaaad.

(you only tell us you love us because you love your life. It's a vicious cycle, the writer and the reader.)

My words of wisdom for you today is if I offer you gumdrops tomorrow, don't take them. Just... to be safe.

~K

Anonymous said...

so. yeah. about that LIST you said you'd send me... (tap tap tap of my toe... toe toe)
Please please puhLEAZE! Send it to me PLEAZZE!
At least the musical paht.
Send it to my jgable@gutenberg.edu account, if you would be so kind.
i love you!
oh, what IS national DAY anyway?

Anonymous said...

so about that update that is long overdue... come on boy, lets go.... i'll bet i'm busier than you, and I find time for it... sparkleblond doesn't have much patience =D

Anonymous said...

http://static.flickr.com
/24/44608160_eee7716e11_o.jpg

Super Kiaya said...

*sings to self*

...all I want for Christmas is for Zeke to update... for him to update... for him to UPDATE ...

*murmurs to self*

Pleeeeeeease Santa? Pleeeeeease?

:}

Super Kiaya said...

Okay... sorry to bug you...

But there's a Christmas Surprise on a certain blog that we update.

*hint hint, the ROC site, in case you don't want to think about it.*

Yeah. Tell me if it stinks.

Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

popular mob opinion advises you to post soon if you value your life...

Anonymous said...

*sharpens pitchfork*

*readies tar*

*carefully sets aside feathers*

*waits "patiently" for a new post*

*reads 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas'*

*glares in your general direction*

*leaves threatening comment.*

signed,
a high ranking fan.

Anonymous said...

Ya know...the least ya could do is put up a "Merry Christmas" post. GOSH!

Super Kiaya said...

You said you'd update!!!!
>.<

UPDATE ALREADY. COME ON!!

At least, like, a tiny one saying 'Merry Christmas!!'

Yeesh. :(