Saturday, November 18, 2006

A low quality update

A gap in the site
Has been closed at last
Other worldly might
Hath brought it to past

Another random post here.

I switch shifts next week- on to 1am to 9am. Hurray for weird hours!

Today was great. It actually got wicked busy for a bit- its Friday and since there is no trading on the stock market tomarrow, Fridays are often slow. But we had technical issues tonight. I probably can't go to deep into them, but it was great to see how [AwesomeCo] handeled it. A job "blew up" (a term we use around here that just means it didn't go through- but its more fun to say) and when we started trouble shooting it we realized it lead to much bigger issues. It was a flurry of activity for awhile- all on call techs were woken up, the day time I.T. and network gurus were brought in. I felt weird not doing anything- though I haven't administered a network quite of this scope, I still felt thats where I should be and it was hard to sit their and let them do all the troubleshooting. Not that I could have been much help- I don't really know the first thing about the way this network is laid out. Anyway the issues were resolved probably within 2 hours. It was impressive. After that, the only noticable difference for the evening was that one server had its jobs an hour late- which is not biggie.

I also got an official nickname now from D at work. D is a character- a master of colorful language and an artist of sarcasm. I believe he was a truck driver in his past life. I kept asking why we couldn't do things this way or improve efficiency by turning on more notifications that way.

"Its like your first frick'n week here, and your already trying to run everything Governor!" came the jesting reply. And from that point on, he would occasionally address me as The Governor. He made it official tonight by putting it on the white board. Funny stuff.

Break for random-

If time is currency of affection
What is the decider of its direction?
Trying to refrain from past mistakes
Eating my words with land o' lakes

Haha, okay so I guess I was to lazy to try and make that one work. Maybe later.

Oh- heres a funny thing. My friend's Jake posted a peice about going to a concert with a friend and not understanding on his life why anyone would want to pay money for a concert and not at least react to it- a head bob, a finger drum- something, anything! I mentioned to him that I am the same way, but I have a friend (meaning B rad) that is stoic as they come, and yet still enjoy music as Bloody flaming awesome. He replied back, saying "Yeah I guess, but bive bucks he dances in his room like a little girl" or some such. Well. I thought that was funny, but never would I have thought it to be so.

Then what to my wondering eyes should appear- but Brad himself admitting to all that was theere. There. *cough* Anyway...

He testified plainly on Hannahs blog to having random outbursts of singing and dancing.

I'm glad I didn't take you up on that bet Jake, or I guess I'd be out 5 bucks.

5 comments:

Super Kiaya said...

a penny for your
thoughts me boy
a dollar for your
time
both in great demand
don't over spend on time
throw a dime
at my, a mime
he plays a pretty part
silent words
and undercurrent
of fleeting past depart
a penny for your thoughts me boy
a dollar for your time
spend them wisely
use them well
don't give dark strangers the time.


~~

I cannot believe I wrote that... that sucks.

Your's was much better. Here's the deal, I'll rewrite the poem better after I clean my bathroom and post it on my blog.

And butter is bad for you.

Aielunknown said...

There is a FINE line between dancing like a "little girl" and honorable Irish Tap Dancing...The nerve of some people...

Anonymous said...

hahaha. True that. I seriously don't htink Brad would EVER sink so low as to dance like a little girl. Unless like, he gets married and has a daughter who does ballet. Then he may dance like a little girl, WITH his little girl, but that is a ways off, eh?

P.S. I can say that, because my dad used to do my ballet dances with me. xD

Anonymous said...

i'm contemplating dropping by on sunday sometime with my babycat (on the way home from ny). who knows, though, really...

i'm glad work is going so well, and "the governor" is pretty much the most perfect nickname for you, ever. you should wear your awesome tweed hat to work.

Anonymous said...

Amen! Wear the hat, oh please do! :) I like this post. Its funny. And happy.
Haha!
Lov ya,
~Your Swingdancin' Sis