Thursday, November 09, 2006

Poetic musings

Free Fall

Life starts in the womb
A tower so strong and so tall
And from birth to the tomb
We are all in free fall

We all fall different
And we all fall the same
We fall in unique and predictable ways

Depending on season
And our number of days
Sometimes our life falls together
Sometimes we fall away

But we all fall-
This is the one "Same"
Sometimes we think we are static
But it is never that way

-_---_-__-

Mental Vental Beta


A breather from the triumph
A lull in the break-neck pace
I need to take my doughy lumps
Less the soup be to sweet to the taste

But sour I can not make the soup taste
Even if I tried, I can't wipe this grin off my face
And no one would for this show me hate
But I shouldn't be reckless and cause an opposite state

I watch and read the lines alive
With unspoken meaning they ebb and dive
Like the waves of a dangerous ocean
Taming with meanings not yet spoken
A rough yet true field where hearts are broken
From nebulous meanings bestowed in token

Sit I there with a distracted concern
Not quite sure of what I've learned
But knowing still that trouble lies
In the admiration of innocent eyes

Sit I again with face aglow
From phosphorus light I do well know
Reading posts and drinking in
I feel attached but distant from my kin

Reading and weighing whats before me
I choose to pass on a possibility
A possibility to do good but with high risk
Of commiting greivous error if I miss

For my words are not arrows trimmed so well
They fumble in my hands my friends will tell
They sometimes maybe hit the mark
But but are dangerous enough to kill from afar

And this reason I choose to wait
And air my words at a later date.

(The post is crud; I know it well
but please do not to the world this tell.)
---_--_-
Eighh... so the mental vental is just a sort of random thoughts and reflections on things thinly veiled in crude poetry with sloppy composition. It was fun to write though.

Free Fall was inspired basically from the talks around K's blog about the deep questions and what not, especially as I've felt a sort of subtle transicion myself as of late.

And yes all; I WILL blog about my new job soon. I kinda want to average out a few days of what its like so I can more accurately tell you what its all about. Its for the good of the content here, folks. Honest.

Heh.. maybe I do take these posts to seriously. Anyway... It is a fun job I'll let you know that and I love it so far, but it does keep me a bit busy. Allegedly though, when I get into the routine, it slows down quite often which means I might have actually MORE time to blog and what not. We shall see.

More later.

(And by later, I mean an undetermined, non-defined stretch of time.)

8 comments:

The Saxophone Player's Wife said...

Well, I am so darn envious of you folks who can write verse. Man. And, then you make it sound like it just poured out. All I can say is, "If you have the gift, use it." And, thanks for sharing it.

Really glad you are loving your new job. That's very cool.

P.S. After Stella met you in the hallway, she told me you were as "cute as Christmas." I've never heard her use that expression to describe a grown man, so you obviously made quite the impression. (She does not impress easily!)

Be blessed!

Anonymous said...

cute. as christmas.
eegads, zeke, what's happening THERE? i din't even know christmas WAS or COULD be cute. Unless we are talking like, rudolphly red-nosed cute (and aww, gee he's a little misfit!) or is-- is SANTA cute? Ugh, no... Or maybe like little village in germany covered in snow kind of cute? Or like, gingerbread man cute? (He got devoured by a fox you know) What about Christmas is CUTE?
...and what have I been missing where I don't know my brother is as cute as it?
...SOrta nervous...
Cute as Christmas. Crispy as Christmas, that wouldda been something. Or Crunchy, crunchy as Chrismtas? Carnivorous? CHARMING? Hey, that would have worked. How about as Enchanting as Christmas? YEah, that works well on the ears.
That's not the cause of this post though. SOrry. Your poetry gets better and better and I wish mine held a candle-- yeh, yeh, a CHRISTMAS candle-- to it. I am all congrats upon you and your job. Showing me up, you are. I've been working alot meself, trying to save up and whatnot. And congrates on your car.
It would be cozy to have a conversation with my adorablely holidaic brother. love love

Anonymous said...

my name was supposed to be if you are as cute as christmas than i am as threatening as thanksgiving, for christmas is as cute as thanksgiving is threatening, if you ask me

Anonymous said...

curse long titles that don't show up.

lovely, Z-ster.

i'm listening to gene kelly sing about dancing in rain. i am very happy.

Super Kiaya said...

Dude, Free Fall was inspired by MY blog? What? No, no, you've gotta be kidding. Tell me I'm wrong. TELL ME.

lol
They're both awesome. :) See? I told you you'd write poetry again.
Or maybe I thought it... blast that wishful thinking, I thought I might have actually told you. Oh well. It's awesome, bottom line.

Aielunknown said...

Muy Beuno!

Nice verse, and thanks for the update, is goot to know vat you are up too.

Bradfeeerd

Anonymous said...

are you one of the geeks for geek squad at best buy? you are, aren't you? i think that's a perfect jorb for you, ezekiel.

i had a dream about your family yesterday morning. i left a comment about it on abi's site.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.