Saturday, July 01, 2006

Day 4- Best coffee EVER

Greetings all- this is an early post for me, as the day isn't really over yet and I'm still in Hudson. But I don't know exactly when I will get to a computer next, so I figured it would be good to post the happenings of the day here.

Last night we slept in an awesome camper- very very comfortable. The family was going to a party from 11 to 1ish, but they said if we wanted to come back after that we could go Kayaking (sp?) with them in a local pond. We of course, agreed to the arrangment.

Before we went down to the water though, we had some time to kill. So we decided to head over to Nashua to check out some trails that our hosts told us about. After making a short stop at Showtime computers, we ended up at Mines Falls. It was pretty neat- a few nice wide easy going trails and alot of water. After that we decided to just sort of chill and talk by the river for a while.

Then came one of the coolest discoveries to come out of this trip: Riverwalk Cakery & Coffee House. They are in Nashua- 35 Railroad Square, to be exact. dX saw the words coffee shop and he suggested we check it out. I was game, so we locked up our bikes and went in.

The second we got through the doors, everything screamed CLASS at us. The colors, the chairs and tables- imported, the lot of it as we later learned, from all across Europe. dX got a chia latte and I got a Irish cream iced latte. The coffee was unbelivable. It was strong, but not acidic. It was bloody perfect- the only words I can think of to describe it. I also got a expresso brownie and we sat down and talked for a bit in the shop. I noticed that it had its own blends, and that there was a large obscure and expensive looking machine in the far end of the room. I asked him about it-

"Oh, that is the roasting machine."

So yeah- he roasts his own coffee. This got me interested, and I started talking with the owner who was the only person on staff at that hour. The shop has been here only 5 months and he says he allready has regulars. Its not hard to see why- he knows coffee. He buys his own beans still 'green'-and he buys them straight from importers he knows in New York and Boston. He makes his own blends by knowing the crop they came from and using different beans to counteract eachothers weaknesses and compliment their strength. He's from Germany and hes awesome. I now know an awesome place to go for coffee- and if I ever have to impress some girl by buying a 5 dollar 59 cent peice of cake I know where to do that to.

After that we went Kayaking- wow, sooo much fun. It was dX, Lyndsi and I in occean Kayak vessels across the lake. When dX heard that they we could go Kayaking he said "dude, you'll love it. Kayaks are like the moter cycles of cannoes." Boy, we he right. We went so much faster then in our big cannoe and we had a ton of fun- though apparently biking endurance does nothing for the upper body strength it takes to Kayak. Lyndsi pWnd! us- and she said she only went once, bah! All in all it was a great day.

Right now I am waiting for dX to see if he has enough money to cover us going to a show. If he does, were going to the show then going home. If not, we'll just be going home.

I'd post some pictures of the mobile homes and of the Kayaks but sadly I seemed to have misplace my USB cable.

Well, thank you all for reading. Have a great one!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oue! You're still alive...Sasquatch didn't find you yet...this is good...

Well I gpt tp go...Ciao...

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, the coffie house IS AWSOME!!
You left your USB cable at my house. guess i will have to see you guys again. oh bother.
haha.
glad you guys made it to your next stop. happy riding.
...renee...

Anonymous said...

...ok. we'll leave a light on :)
I've seen the coffee now i guess I'll have to stop in sometime w/ your dad.
Love ya, see you soon
mom

Anonymous said...

Mom Says:

Where are You now?

Mom Foreman

Anonymous said...

I geuss !!?!?
Well i Zeke tell Leah i said hi
and i hope she's doing well!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, if you honestly want to impress some girl with a 5 dollar piece of cake... you may need to find a cheaper girl. Or one who doesn't care. Or one who just thinks that the fact that the man ROASTS his OWN COFFEE is cool enough. And I am sorry, but, that is pretty flippin' awesome man!

DUDE!! I want that place's address!!!

~*~

Anonymous said...

I just commented... and didn't sign my name. Sorry but when you see this:

~*~

it means Kiaya