Thursday, July 13, 2006

What world?


Just thought you'd all like to know- the world is coming to an end, just FYI.

Heres what I know- I'm trying to stay up on things, but I don't know everything, so feel free to correct or add something in the comments.

Hamas captured two Israeli soldiers and demands they be negociated for Palestine prisoners of war (AKA Terrorists/suspected terrorists). Israel of course says something to the effect of "like heck we will" and says that it will only accept no-condition release of their prisoners. Hamas keeps trying to talk about a deal, but apparently Israel has stopped listening:

And started bombing. If theirs one thing that I admire about Israel, its that, holy cow, they don't mess around when it comes to standing up for themselves. They hit a bunch of Hamas, Hezbollah and Lebanese targets including crucial structures like bridges and the runways:


My dad works for an company that has a lot of people in Israel and he said that they can't reach most of them because the reserves are being called up. He's heard that Israel claims they will take Lebanon back 20 years. It appears that they are well on their way- They took out an airport and allegedly Lebanon has no fixed-wing aircraft left. But that hasn't stopped them from retaliating:


Lebanon has been firing missiles over the border into Israeli towns all day, including one that has made it all the way to the coastal town of Haifa- no one died in this particular hit (though several were injured badly) but apparently it is a big deal- its the farthest rockets have ever gone from Lebanon.

Israel of course has only increased their attacks and their scope. Today they came back to the airport and shot missiles and machine gun fire into the fuel tanks to finish it off:
Things are getting very serious. Israel has says it is a war (key word) that they did not want to start, but that they will finish. They have cut off Lebanese ships in the ports and isolated Gaza, which means they basically can't get supplies in and out. Israeli aircraft have dropped leaflets all round Lebanon telling citizens that it is in their best interest to get as far away from Hezbollah people and buildings as possible. Over 120 rockets and mortars have been fired from Hezbollah into Israeli towns. The Lebanese continue to protest and say that they can't be held responsible for Hezbollah because politically it is to hard to crack down on them and to dangerous. Israel of course basically doesn't care about how hard it is, they (along with the US) just want them to do everything they can to shut the terrorists down.

Of course, this is not even looking at Iran or N. Korea's situations... My, what exciting times we live in!

And I know I have some readers who aren't that political, but this affects us directly in a way everyone can relate to: the black gold we all have come to know and love, Oil. It is going up, up and up. I predict prices will be probably at least $3.20 by tomarrow, maybe higher. The whole bombing thing really effects the supply side of things.

(BTW I'm not depressed or anything, I'm just fascinated. And I am gratefull to everyone for your comments in the previous post; my chin is indeed "up" and I am doing fine. :) Thanks!)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what's funny?
My dad was talking about all of this during dinner last night and one thing I thought was, 'Huh, wonder what Zeke'll think?' along with, 'HOLY CRUD'
Have you heard? The Israeli's are calling it 'Operation Just Reward'. Yeah. Wow.
Another little fact I didn't know that my Dad told me, is that Airport runways are about 9 feet thick. So they needed special bombs and everything.
Now of course the world is ending. Haven't you heard the saying, "The Minute You're Born, You Start To Die?"
We've had wars forever. I mean, to my mind, the Crusades were a sort of 'World War'. Ah well. I'm really into this story for my project, so finding you blogging on it was interesting.
And I'm very glad you're making the most of your week.
Later!
~KIAYA~

Aielunknown said...

Oue! The End Times ARE here..."There will be rumors of wars..." It seems that guerilla warfare is everywhere...full flege war is EVERYWHERE in the Middle East, I mean 200+ people died and 700+ were injured in a Railway bombing in India...so, now, we can only wait and see what will happen. One thing is for sure...We ARE living in exciting times...

`Brad`

Bander said...

"If theirs one thing that I admire about Israel, its that, holy cow, they don't mess around when it comes to standing up for themselves."

Israel deffinetly dosn't play games. It will be very interesting to see what happens.

Anonymous said...

Some things for clarification
1. Hamas took one solider not 2
2. Hezbollah did a raid from the north and took 2 more soliders resulting in Israel attacking various stragitic targets in lebanon beacuse of their lack of control of the hezbollah.
3. Untill Israel is allowed to kick bits and take names they will continue to have to deal with this.
If it was the US instead of Isreal who had 700+ rockets fired at them don't you think we would be taking out Syria, Iran and palestine! They are never going to hve peace till they take out the regimes that are supporting these terroist org's.

Anderz said...

That's definitely getting crazy... it'll definitely affect all of us!

Anonymous said...

so, confession: i didn't read this post.

and i'm not saying that i am unable to take good pictures, i was just saying "bear in mind that these are my favourites of my favourites..." so...yeah.

um, i don't think i have any interest in going to soulfest...plus the whole "gwyn has to pay rent" thing and the whole working to earn money to pay aforementioned rent...makes going to other places for 5 days not-so-possible.

but...you. abi. must. call. me.
i'll give up eventually. you probably don't believe me, but it's true.

Anonymous said...

Hey! So glad your not depressed! :) I know...I deffinitly think the world is ending soon...there's deffinitly a World War III brewing....

Anonymous said...

link on xanga, link on xanga!!!

Have not read or seen or I think heard of "Doll's House".

Israel's all like "Oh, so you wanna be shooting at us? Well, there you go. How you like us now, nougat?" People who start things which include trying to make a statement by shooting missles into civilian populations deserve to feast on destruction until they realize their folly and beg for mercy and lay down their arms. Israel's politically incorrect ways of self-defence (you know, like defending itself rather than saying "please stop. We know deep down you're nice people.") are a breath of rubbly, hot, smoky fresh air.

Anonymous said...

ok i dont remember my login and it is late and i dont care.
but in honor of recent world events, i have been playing extra games of beirut.

Anonymous said...

dude. post something new already.

Aielunknown said...

I must agree wit the two posts above me :-)...It's been over a month...surely you can post on SOMETHING.

B-Rad

Anonymous said...

hehe. Brad, and other are right.

You could at least say like..

"Hi, I'm not going to post anything right now, just wanted you to know I'm STILL alive"

xD

p.s. thanks for the cowbell encouragment. I think I may have had the skills also, but maybe this Sarah person will be ok. ;)