Tuesday, January 30, 2007

dot dot dot

So... for those of you who didn't know, I'm going to see my friend get married in KS this week.

Well. I won't pontificate around the bush, because I am on a airport computer and being charged by the minute. I am stranded in Cleavland. I'll update more later perhaps, but here is a brief recap of today:

Got up at 8:00ish.

Ate, hung out with Mo and then Jen.

Packed.

Washed nice wedding clothes.

Packed.

Packed.

(So far so good)

Learned something about a friend of mine that made me very sad and a bit angry.

Got to MHT with my sister. Aparently- the time on the e-ticket is the time the plane LEAVES. Not the time you BOARD... I think I knew that but...still. Missed 2:10 flight. Got resheduled to the 6:00 o'clock flight.

Called mom. Told her that we needed to call my friend's mom so we could tell her not to pick me up. She kept looking for the number then said someting like "oh! Grandma Streeter fell and broke her-" *pause* "I gotta go, I'll call you back."

Then-

My sister got a call. One of my cousin's friend has been missing for over 24 hours.

Then we finally got ahold of Mum. She says she is having trouble finding the number. Grandma fell and broke her arm.

Oh, and Chris- our OTHER cousin- was hit by a drunk driver. Head on.

Miracuously, he's alive. I am not sure, but I think the girl is too...

So. That was a sort of sucky few hours.

Then our plane got held in the air for like, 25+ minutes because of the weather and volume of traffic.

But hey! This is some adventure. I've stopped reeling enough now to laugh at the bizarre amount of stress that just landed on me. Funny stuff.

Despite all this, I still can't wait to go and see my friend and his bride get maried.

Later er'y body.

7 comments:

Aielunknown said...

Whoa dude,

You are getting the trip of a lifetime. Enjoy it, blog it, have fun with it...and Have a good time.

Anonymous said...

is everyone falling apart? seems like things just suddenly decided to fail... all of them, simultaneously...

but thanks for apprising us all of the situation... we appreciate the mid-air update, seeing as how its costing you =D

Anonymous said...

...

Wow.

But, you know, to be humorous, that's so not fair - There's no WAY I can make my flight in February NEARLY that stressful.
So,
I hope you get where you want to go (Though why KS, I'll never know)
I hope your Grandma will be okay.
I hope your cousin will be alright.
I hope your other cousin's friend gets found.

I hope that this is all the "excitement" and stress that you will have on your trip. That's already pretty extensive.
But hey, there are worse places than Cleveland! I think I have family near there... Hm.
Laughing at stress is good.
But be careful, okay? *makes a concerned Kiaya-frown that actually she has no emoticon for*
No more bad things can happen, understand? :-(

Now I'm worried about you. Here I thought all I'd have to worry about were tornadoes snatching you up!

Anonymous said...

You leave town and the world falls apart. I think there's a lesson here, Brother.

Enjoy the wedding. It's so nice you made the effort and to attend. I hope it's wonderful. Well, weddings are always wonderful, I think.

Cleveland is a great city. At least you get to see the airport. I love airports.

I'll remember to keep you and these assorted needs in prayer. A was just talking about your Grandmother Streeter today.

(P.S. What is MHT?)

Jim said...

dude...will certainly keep you in prayer.

Anonymous said...

yay weddings are fun =]]

I hope things get better with everything else =p

Anonymous said...

MHT is the Manchester Airport.
Every Airport as a little Abbreviation like that to get where it needs to go. :)