Friday, January 05, 2007

Google is trying to make me hate them

...and you know how hard that is. I believe I've stated in previous entries that I would do something to the effect of jumping off a cliff if they asked me to. Well- NO longer.

So they bought blogger- fine. Thats cool; their GOOGLE, thats kind of what they do. They buy important stuff and make it better or make it free, or both. I had no problem with that. Then for the longest time, they had this "new blogger in beta!" but I didn't join up. Well, its out of Beta they say now. Thats great! That means its stable, right? And better? Or at least, it works over 80% of the time?

Apparently, google is using an ancient meaning of the word Beta- its a little archaic, but I did some research and I found the word. The root for this is in the latin "Beaht" which literally means to suck at life, and the English colloquialism "duh" which means to express one's less then adequate mental prowess. In their defense, now that I think about it, this actually makes a lot of sense. I just was using the wrong definition.

If you are reading this, it means you got to the site. Congratulations! You're doing pretty good for yourself already. For me, I usually have to type the URL, hit enter, wait for it to NOT load all the way, then hit refresh (which I fancy is sort of like a slap in the face, because it makes me feel better) at which point it comes back like someone awaken from stupidity. At least, this has been my experience in Firefox. Two or three different versions of Firefox.

But even if you are reading this, the problem still remains that you are reading this, not the other post which I made. What other post? Oh, you know- the one with all the pictures and witty titles- you remember, it had pictures of [AwesomeCo] finally, and my truck and... what, you don't remember that post? Huh- neither did GOOGLE.

Yeah- google kept timing out while I tried to save that post. Now, if this was a little startup company that got really popular, I would totally understand bandwidth issues- but guys, were talking frick'n GOOGLE here. There is no excuse. They are basically half of the Internet's bandwidth anyway.

*exhales* Okay. Sorry. I had to rant.... *quickly saves before Google grows wise to his plans*
NOTE: Before saving this, I copied it to wordpad. Which is good, because the first two tries died. NOT EVEN KIDDING.

Alright, now on to topics which I have neglected. I feel I owe Gwyn a shoutout, because she is basically awesome and the funniest person she knows, and because she gave LON and I our own post.

The other day, LON and myself got to go hang out at her swing'n dynamite pad. Its pretty cool- shes got a kitchen, a bathroom, a bed, and when we were there, a Christmas tree. Being in that close proximity to self-reliance makes you feel cooler- like you too are basically there. Or you can pretend to be and call yourself cool. So, thanks Gwyn. Thanks for making me able to pretend to be cool.

Oh, and another thing- which she tends to not enjoy herself but I find absolutely awesome is her ability to get lost in her own backyard. Recently, she asked use if we had ever been in her car and not gotten lost at some point. We started to open our mouths to assure her that we had, and that she didn't always get lost.

Then we shut them again and kind of just laughed akwardly.

But thats all fine, because LON Gwyn and myself get lost, we just laugh more and end up doing something totally arbitrary like talking in accents until we get unlost (or TRYING to anyway).

and- HOLY CRAPOLY, another long post. I'm sorry guys. I'll cut it short right now, honest.
I think I have write-iteous or something. Weird.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

First comment.

Reepicheep said...

Very funny, Mrs. G. :)

Least I made a comment with SOME substance... :p

Anonymous said...

Google bought MySpace, too. But we knew that would happen anyway.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?
docid=50070729112
04638318&q=the+death+of+myspace&hl=en

ok, so I had to put that in seperate parts, because um...it would have not worked. =p

Anonymous said...

Oh, you knew it was me. Darn.

Yes, your comment was very thoughtful---and informative, because we had not yet identified TobyMac as the narrator. So, thanks for giving us a clue.

So, is this "Beaht" issue why I keep being sent to the University of Arizona when I try to see how much longer you're going to wait before updating?

Google. I think they could also be called Gobble. I know, I know. It is the American way. Haven't they already bought eBay, too?

If I had to go through what you are going through to get to your site, I would be pretty steamed. Your rant is justified. Have you complained to the powers that be, yet? Or, again?

You don't seem to be keeping vampire hours this week. Have you been given a reprieve?

Just previewed my post here and I see that H reports Gobble owns MySpace now. You'd think they'd want to diversify, buy a pizza shop or something.

Anonymous said...

Ah well. I could still see all your entries. And I have you under this nifty little dropdown menu thing. So, like, it takes me about 45 seconds to get to the blogs.

Cause I'm just that cool.
And if you EVER apologize for long blogging again, I'll have to get upset and tell the nice men at Google that you're plotting evil things against them. Which you might very well be.

And what's to say Google DOESN'T own a pizza shop? If they own eBay, or any other auction site, they may very well be able to get pizza.

All I know is, I have google as a link on my browser. I love it, it loves me. I have no reason to dislike google. :)

I'm sure they'll fix it. Write them an email. Start a petition. WRITE MORE BLOGS.

*whistles innocently to self and then dashes away to the safety and *cough-cough* stability *cough-cough* of her own blog*

Anonymous said...

Before you pwn google, remember that your comp is likely capable of timing out whilst Packeted Internal Network Groping its self...

Still, had it happened to me, I'd likely have been too mad to post anything afterwards...

Anonymous said...

1. the google stuff...right on. except, i'm with kiaya, and xanga is way better. you should just cave and get a xanga site that ISN'T for "artsystuff"...it could be uttereast, for example. and then you wouldn't have to deal w/ all the blubber crap. (i hate the word bl*g...so i will call it a blub.)

also, i'm sorry i didn't comment before this. (see above-if you had a xanga, it would tell me when you'd updated, and i wouldn't have to have your site address memorized and check 3 times a day.)

and dude-that was an awesome shoutout! thanks. (and i don't think the laughter was necessarily AWKWARD, per se...) and, i DID drive you guys somewhere one time, and we didn't get lost! remember when i drove you home from the fort pastor show? yeah...we so didn't get lost then.

Anonymous said...

G is right. You've only been here a year. I don't think it's too late for an annulment. Plus, on Xanga, no anonymous comments. Wait...that's a bad thing.

Anonymous said...

What's Google?

like goggle?
i like your Xanga poems...

do you have to take medicine for write-iteous? it sounds painful...