Saturday, January 21, 2006

Ha! New post!

Ahh, another great latter hour post. Or rather, early hour; it is 12:41 right now. Do you know where your kids are at?

My January, like life itself I suppose, has been an awesome mix of rush-rush-rush adrenaline and sheer boredom. I had two PCS I had to fix right now, a play to write, and an economics final to study for. But now? Right now I'm literally waiting for a battery to drain. I'm having a stare out contest with this laptop, you see- I want to access it, and it wants to lock me out with its password. I needed to cut off its life-source- and thats just what I'm doing. Its won't remember what its password was when I'm done with it. I am just watching it die. Sucker is making an awfull mess of it... won't just go out, nOOooO! He's got all these capaciters and what not. He's gonna make me wait. So- wait I will. I can outlast you, you here!

Sorry people, I WAS trying to make a non-technical post, but it just happens! Whaddayaknow?

Of course non-technical things have been going on. I got to see not just one but TWO of my co-op's performance's of It's a Wonderful Life- and what a job they did. Truly amazing; I can tell they pushed themselves very far indeed. A musical, by jove, and a brilliant one at that! Its cool to see your friends sing like that- man, I just love this group. Us homeschoolers have got it going on, I'm telling you. I feel like I've known these people all my life. I just click with them, its awesome. Even the adults I have fun with.

I cut my hair the other day. But instead of just showing up with my hair cut, I taped it to my dew rag and put it back on my head. The results were hillarious- I think it was worth all that time of growing my hair just for this prank. My favorite was Mrs. Grimes, who has always said to me that "I am supposed to cut those things off when I see them on animals" (she is a vet). I saw her come in and I asked her if she still didn't like my dreads. She of course said yeah I said do you want to shear them off? She said "Oh can I?" and I said "Sure, in fact, just pull 'em out right now. Go ahead." She played along, but when she reached for my hair it just came off in her hands. She screamed and jumped away. It was the best.

Uhm... seeing as I am waiting for this battery to give up the ghost, I think I will take an opperutinity to give you all (all 2 of you) an Hair FAQ.

How long did it take you to grow it out that long?
Something like 1.5 to 1.7 years. Longest it's ever been, maybe ever will be.

Why? WHY??
I just sort of did it half out of lazyness and half cause it was fun. I have had big hair before but never this big. My afro was ridiculous!

Why did you want dreads?
a) They would get the haid out of my face a bit
b) They would make me look more like a hobo, and, I mean come on, who doesn't want to look like a hobo?

Hobo's are the bomb. I think I'll have to do a whole post dedicated to hobo culture and why their so awesome, but for now I will shut up because I believe my posts are to akin to books then blog entries. Heres one more hobo picture to sign off by:


----Zeke

No comments: