Saturday, January 28, 2006

Just you wiat 'enry 'iggns!

Huh... a few cool tidbits to update all 'yalls on.

Lets see.... Foist of all, I auditoned for Pygmalion- this is the orginal play that the movie "My Fair Lady" is made from. I just found out today that I got the part of Henry Higgins- the male lead. w00t! It feels so great to play someone I can be relaxed with. Last time I was prospero, and he had magical powers and was a somewhat complex character to pull off- your always second guessing yourself on stage, wondering "Did I do the staff movement powerfully enough? Did I have a realistic expression for my character?" etc. Before that I was none other then Aslan the Lion. Yeah, the all powerfull ruler of Narnia from beyond the Sea. I have to basically represent a good and perfect God. And a lion.

For this role, all I have to do is be a jerk! A sophisticated jerk with a british accent. I'm very happy.

I'm even more happy for my sister- she got Eliza Doolittle! She wanted it so badly, and I she worked really hard at actually studying the accent. This to is sort of a first for my sis. The last two plays she's had to play the leader of the wolf secret police- really a male character. And then next she played a drunk butler in the Tempest. (By the way- she was amazing at each of them). But not only is this a female part, but its THE main charcter and a charcter my sister has always LOVED and wanted to play. I'm so happy and proud of 'er. Way to go, sis!


Hmm... in other news, I have either misplaced or lost completly my very VERY important software CDs I need for my business. I am hoping they are at my client's house (who I am going to visit Monday) but I am really anxious. I feel pretty stupid- I have basically all the most important ones in there and not having it is stopping me from doing my job properly. If I had to replace them it would take quite a bit of effort and money... If you guys could pray that I find it and also get the computer I am working on right now fixed and out of here soon, I would really appreciate it. Its been weighing on me alot... Thanks.

1 comment:

Anderz said...

You're good at being a jerk... you'll do well for that part... JK. Kudos to your sis, and hope you find those CDs... Your business needs to expand so you can hire me, as we discussed earlier this year! :-p!